Full Time – Permanent
As featured on Channel 4’s Grand Designs programme; iMist fire protection systems over the last few years has continued to develop and expand. We are currently looking for a Trainee Fire Suppression Installation Engineer to join our team, working from our Swanley, Kent office.
Candidates must be flexible in their approach to this role, as there is regular travelling to our clients, and sometimes there are overnight stays during the week (dinner and accommodation provided by iMist). Early starts are common and weekend working is also occasionally required.
Candidates must be physically fit to be able to carry our pumps and other materials onto site. You will work along side our experienced engineers and to fit our misting system into domestic and residential premises. You will need to ensure that works are completed on time and to appropriate quality standards.
Once fully trained this role will also involve liaising with the office-based colleagues, customers and suppliers, completing paperwork and documentation, following relevant standards and being able to resolve technical problems on site.
After training, candidates can expect to earn a basic annual salary of around £17,500 – £21,000
An ideal candidate will:
- Be educated to GSCE standard or above
- Hold a valid CSCS card
- Flexibility in their working hours (early starts, overnight stays)
- Be fit and healthy as the job requires lifting and being active
- Be organized, flexible and self-motivated
- Demonstrate resilience
- Have excellent communication skills
- Hold a full UK driving licence
- Proof of eligibility to work in the UK (valid passport/residence card/birth certificate)
- Have previous experience in the construction industry (although not essential)
All uniform, PPE and Tools will be provided as well as full training for this challenging and varied environment. Most training will be site based practical training, but candidates will be expected to attend external and internal courses/training events when required.
Please note candidates will be required to hold a full UK driving licence and hold a valid passport at all times whilst employed.